Sunday, June 1, 2008

I hope these take full sun

Photo day with diddy. We walked around harvard sq. which was different, because I had only really been there with friends, but it was fun wandering around with him. I took a couple of shots where he posed like a friend... I guess i've been talking about breaking down the barrier between parent and person all break, but today was the first day I haven't noticed that little border.

On a flip note, I'm starting to rethink my tattoo again. I was first dead-set on a line drawing of a girl brushing her hair. Alex gave me a book on how to cut hair a long time ago, and it's filled with silly line drawings of men and women dealing with their hair. Then I changed my mind and wanted to get a head shot of a native american, focusing on a simple headdress. This led into a full body shot of a Native american, but couldn't decide on a way to go about it without being racist or stereotypical. I know if i got it, it would be fine, but I just can't help feeling a little funny about it... I'll think about it some more. Today i came across some old coasters and postcards that i forgot i had which were vintage illustrations of hawaii, and the beach. Now I'm thinking i want a 1920's bathing girl with little curls and a swim cap... maybe with little floaties. Either way, it's going on the back of my arm, and my appt is June 25th. I'm sure Oklahoma will give me more ideas of how to fill in that tricep.

oh, and i meant to introduce her before, but this is Morgan.

No comments: