Friday, June 20, 2008

Weeds are flowers out of place.

As usual, Oklahoma was good to me.
I used to feel bad about bumming around all day with my grandma, but this year it was exactly what I wanted. Grandma kept mentioning how i was probably bored, and couldn't wait to go home, but I had to assure her that i wanted nothing more than to wander around her haunted house, digging through all of her old valuables, containers, and relics from the past.
I also noticed how similar we are. The rest of my family is very laid back, very hard working, and very "What are you going to do with your life". Grandma on the other hand is very plan ahead, open minded, and "Do what makes you happy". She was so ease to talk to that the visit felt more like a retreat. Which was exactly what i needed.
This morning I noticed just how similar we are when i opened the refrigerator to find a small container of anchovies sitting in a quarter inch of white-fatty-looking mold. She never cleans her fridge either.


I dropped six rolls of film off yesterday, and will hopefully pick them up today or the next day. As for now, these are a couple keepers from photo-day.

No comments: